Comprehensive warehouse and shopfront wireless network for an online e‑tailer in the UK
The D‑Link network solution delivered a feature rich wireless network ready for future expansion if required.Download as PDF
Box.co.uk is a UK electronics retailer with over 1 million customers of which 96% would buy again, providing consumers with confidence in their expert knowledge and efficient service every step of the way. They stock thousands of products from 4k TV's, laptops and custom-built gaming PC's, to 3D printers, projectors and mobile phones. Box's aim is to make tech easy, simple to buy, receive, own and enjoy. Their mission is to bring their customers the best deals from all the leading brands.
Warehouse, office and shopfloor wireless
DWC-1000, DGS-1210, DWL-8610AP and DWL-6610AP
Improved customer service and communication feature-rich wireless network
"Our new wireless network has exceeded our expectations allowing us to make sure the team in the warehouse can carry on their day to day activities, eliminating any issues we were having before."
Infrastructure and support manager, Box Ltd,
To deliver a robust and scalable Wi-Fi network to meet all current and future needs. Providing seamless roaming wireless across the warehouse and office teams while segmenting the network to ensure that security and data remains safe and secure. Additionally, providing customers to the showroom a separate guest network and through-out the premises. Fast roaming capabilities where paramount to ensure that forklift drivers were able to scan and update the inventory system in real time, promoting better productivity and efficiency.
D-Link provided a complete End-To-End networking infrastructure which included switching and wireless with power over Ethernet functionality and hardware control.
- The DWC-1000, a centralised wireless manager developed specifically for SMB and SME that are looking for an easy to use scalable solution to manage and configure their wireless network.
- D-Link access points such as the DWL-8610AP, DWL-6610AP and DWL-6610APE were deployed for a state of the art wireless unified solution, enabling the business to create the fastest wireless network possible, with PoE incorporated as standard. The access points where deployed in the warehouse environment effectively, chosen to improve the range of broadcast in the warehouse and office areas.
- DGS-1210 series switches were implemented to provide enhanced PoE power for 802.3at powered devices such as the DWL-8610, allowing for up to 30 watts of power per port, providing a cost-efficient and flexible solution for expanding the network.
The D-Link network solution delivered a feature rich wireless network ready for future expansion if required, resulting in enhanced stock management and streamlined scanning performance and improving the communication across the whole business.
- Layer 2 management and security with Layer 3 capabilities
- Compact Command-Line Interface (CLI) and web-based User-Interface
- Static Routing and MSTP
- PoE options up to 370W power budget
- Dual image & config
- Limited-Lifetime Warranty after registration
The DWL-8610AP is a state of the art, Unified Wireless AC1750 Access Point, enabling businesses of all sizes create the fastest wireless network possible. With PoE incorporated as standard and a clean industrial design the DWL-8610AP can be deployed unobtrusively anywhere.
The DWC-1000 D-Link Wireless Controller is a centralised wireless LAN manager developed specifically for campuses, branch offices, and small to-medium enterprises (SMBs) that are looking for an easy to use, scalable solution to manage and configure their wireless network.
Have a similar project?
Virtual and on‑site surveys to help you fully understand your requirements.
Whether it's a completely new network, or an upgrade to an existing site, contact us for a free no-obligation project survey with one of our highly-skilled engineers to help you assess your requirements.